About Me

My photo
Web person at the Imperial War Museum, just completed PhD about digital sustainability in museums (the original motivation for this blog was as my research diary). Posting occasionally, and usually museum tech stuff but prone to stray. I welcome comments if you want to take anything further. These are my opinions and should not be attributed to my employer or anyone else (unless they thought of them too). Twitter: @jottevanger

Monday, March 10, 2008

New world speed-sailing record

Antoine Albeau, who has had most other windsurfing titles in his time, now has not only the windsurfing speed record, but the outright record for all sail-powered watercraft (at least, the record most of us count: over a fixed 500m course). Rock on! He broke the record with a shade over 49 knots (beating Finian Maynard's previous by 0.4kts) on March 5th in the mistral blowing at Saintes Marie de la Mer, southern France. Video here (I'm guessing he's the first rider in the clip. Hang on for some vicious wipeouts too)
Fingers crossed they might even top that at Southend today. Go Dave White!

No comments: